Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blog Exclusive: New Amsterdam - What would have happened?


This past Sunday was my birthday, and in addition to getting to spend much of the day with my new nephew (who proceeded to steal my birthday thunder), I also had the chance to talk with Alexie Gilmore, one of my sister's best friends, who had starred in the short lived FOX series New Amsterdam.

During our discussion, I got to ask her about what WOULD have happened had the series not been cancelled. But unfortunately, she didn't really know. Indeed, she informed me that near the end, they were basically getting their information on a script-by-script basis.

Nonetheless, I do have one interesting tidbit for my loyal readers. Those that regularly read my New Amsterdam columns may recall that I believed (hoped?) that the revelation that Alexie's character was not actually John's true love was a red herring to throw us off course. However, Alexie was under the impression that the writers were being straight forward with us, and that she actually wasn't the love of his life. It may not seem like a big deal, but I found that to be fairly significant.

I will also note that she had nothing but very positive things to say about the entire experience. She praised everybody from the crew to her co-stars. While the series was short lived, it sounds like it was a really wonderful time for her.

For those of you interested, Alexie just finished filming a new movie, titled World's Greatest Dad, with none other than Robin Williams. In fact, if I understood correctly, she actually plays his girlfriend. That's pretty incredible. The movie is slated for a 2009 release.

No comments: