Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You have GOT to be kidding me....

As if the past few days wasn't bad enough, on my way home today I get pulled over and receive a ticket for tailgating. Tailgating!

Now, let me make one thing clear: I do not, in any way, condone reckless driving. I think that whole Nick Hogan fiasco shows that. But driving "too close" to somebody when you're going, like, 20 miles per hour? Basically, the guy in front of me was going, like, 15 to 20 miles per hour under the speed limit (and no, that's not an exaggeration). I was close, but I did not think at a dangerous level. Then when it turned into two lanes, I got in the second lane and passed him. I didn't cut him off, I didn't burn rubber, and I didn't exceed the speed limit (I will note, however, that the cop seemed like a fair enough guy, and certainly wasn't an asshole).

Honestly, I don't even mind the fine or court appearance, it's the points that kill you. And tailgating is -- GET THIS -- FIVE POINTS. By the way, failure to stop at a traffic light? That would only be two points. Yes, driving close to somebody going 20 miles per hour is 5 points. Bursting through a red light is less than half that. Even passing through a "No Passing" zone is 4 points. That's breaking the ONE RULE that the sign commands.

Other offenses less evil than tailgating:

  • Leaving the scene of an accident (no injuries): Two points
  • Going through a Stop sign: Two points
  • RACING THROUGH A SAFETY ZONE: Sounds dangerous, right? Yeah, only two points.
  • Improper driving on a sidewalk (yes, a sidewalk): Two points.
Yes, I will be challenging this ticket. But it's a really stressful and emotional burden that I really don't need. Suffice to say, I'm not in a good mood.

Ugh. Anyway, here's your Heroes review:

http://primetimepulse.com/2008/10/21/heroes-episode-3-6-review/

No comments: