Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I guess this means Fox was John's soul mate?



According to TV Guide's website, Fox has officially canceled New Amsterdam. Regency -- the production company -- can continue to shoot new episodes and shop around for a new network, but that seems unlikely. This is really fortunate. Not only does this mean my friend is out of work, but I was really getting into the show as well.

I suppose if I had to ask the creator one question, it would naturally be "Who was John's soul mate?" Was it Sara? His partner? His boss? Somebody that we haven't even met yet?

If I was writing the show, I'd spend the second season having John convinced that Sara isn't "the one," and obsessing over finding out who else was in the subway that morning. Ultimately, I'd reveal the twist that Sara was the one all along, but in order for him to become mortal, she needs to not only believe his story, but also love him regardless.

Of course, I do realize that this story is flawed: After all, when John initially "died" Sara didn't even know him, and as such couldn't possibly love him unconditionally.

I'll tell ya' what, though. If I do have a chance to talk to Alexie, I'll find out what I can about whether the show is going to be picked up on another network, or what the plan would have been for a second season.

No comments: