Friday, May 16, 2008

A late House call

My PrimeTimePulse colleague Mistah Keith already discussed last week's tremendous episode of House, but I thought I'd provide my two-cents as well.


First off, you can tell right off the bat that the person who wrote this episode has never been to a strip club, because he/she's dreaming if they think that a stripper would:

(a) ever voluntarily offer the information that you have already paid for your lap dance, and

(b) ever admit that you haven't yet earned your money's worth.

I've basically only been to strip clubs for bachelor parties. My first time was at a Scores in New York City, for my brother-in-law's bachelor party. That night, I repeatedly refused a lap dance, until the stripper finally decided she's just going to give me one.....and then demanded that I pay her $20 (and trust me, you're not going to win that argument). Later on in the night, I had bought a lap dance for a friend who had spotted me money....and the stripper charged him for it as well.

Trust me, strippers are basically on par with pick pockets and street corner hustlers.

Wait, this was about House, right?

I thought the whole mystery aspect of the show was really cool, and very cleverly done. Upon finding out what had actually happened, it was also pretty neat seeing a softer, more caring side of House. I thought it was a powerful image having House reach out for Amber in the midst of the accident. The great imagery continued after the carnage had subsided, showing House crawling over to the fallen female with much more care and concern than we ever see from him.

The question remains: Was he so worried because he has feelings for Amber? Or is it something sweeter? Perhaps he's just so concerned because this is the woman that his best friend is in love with. Nevertheless, really cool episode, and I look forward to the finale.

No comments: