Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Case of the.... 24 - Episode 8-10

So here I am, another Wednesday and just getting to my 24 column. Granted, it’s because I didn’t get around to watching the episode until late Tuesday night, but then again, a few years ago I never would have imagined going to bed at 11 or so and simply putting 24 off until later in the week. Never would’ve happened.

I don’t quite know what it is about this season of 24 – perhaps it’s the writers or the lack of characters to truly care about – but there’s just no sense of urgency or suspense. I sometimes have to remind myself what the exact threat is that they’re trying to protect. And even when I do remember (and I really only do because of the funny way the Russians say “nuclear”), I don’t even come close to really caring. The villains don’t last long enough for me to hate them, and aside from Jack and MAYBE Renee, I could really care less if any of the “good guys” survive. In fact, there are more than a few that I actively want to die. And the only thing preventing me from hoping that it’s an exceptionally painful death is the fact that I want it to happen so quickly.
http://tv.insidepulse.com/2010/03/03/24-episode-8-10-review/




Share/Bookmark

No comments: