Monday, March 22, 2010

Raw vs. Impact

WWE Raw:

9:24 - Getting this started a little later than usual, but I wanted to make sure I posted Lost Revisited! Question -- are people already bitching and complaining about the "date of death" of Shawn Michaels' career?

9:27 - Happy John Morrison won. Since they've broken up, Miz always seems to get the best of Morrison.

9:37 - Come to think of it, Kozlov vs. Swagger would be an interesting feud. Or a team, actually.

9:39 - Glad to see Kofi in the Money in the Bank match. I was starting to get worried there. But is he still the "sure thing" winner he was a couple months ago?

9:44 - So the entire Hart Family will be at the Hall of Fame? Gotta say, after reading their sordid history in Bret's book, that should be interesting. But are we going to see one of those fantastic historic videos for Stu?

9:56 - Gotta love Triple H's mentality, that winning the WWE Championship pales in comparison to beating him at WrestleMania.

10:02 - While I'm personally not a fan, I have to admit that the fans are really reacting positively to Randy Orton. I still don't see it, though.

10:13 - I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed to hear that Bret won't be wearing the classic pink and black tights at WrestleMania. While I totally understand why he won't -- he's simply not that wrestler any more -- his fans have still waited over a decade to see him in the ring again. They now have that chance, and they're being reminded that it's not "real."

10:16 - Can somebody interrupt this please?

10:24 - For some reason I don't see the Undertaker telling Shawn Michaels, "I love you. I'm sorry" seconds before hitting the Tombstone at WrestleMania.

10:43 - "Don't bet on it..." Ha, actually I did laugh at that.

10:52 - Batista looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO much cooler with a shaved head and beard than he does with hair and a chin strap. That is all.

11:02 - While blue is my favorite color and orange is just dandy, part of me does hope that Cena ditches the merchandise for WrestleMania. He's supposed to be intense and seething -- the bright, colorful gear makes him a bit too cartoonish looking.

11:08 - As a side note, from PWTorch.com: "The graphic read: "Shawn Michaels Career 1985 - 2010." That's hitting a little too close to home with wrestler deaths in this industry." Ugh, I just KNEW people would make a big deal about this. Pick your battles, people.

Impact:

9:46 - HOLY CRAP!!! How long is this Hogan/Abyss segment? And did we honestly just go crazy over a CLOTHESLINE???

10:04 - This whole Mick Foley/Jeff Jarrett angle seems to perfectly exemplify the piss poor planning of TNA. The entire build up to Hogan debuting was accentuated by this utter, heelish paranoia displayed by both Foley and Jarrett. While not outright villainous, their behavior was most certainly antagonistic. And, admittedly, I only caught a couple of episodes, but my understanding was that they were only aware of Hogan coming. Yet all of their conflicts have been with Bischoff -- who they didn't even know was coming -- and they're suddenly heroic, lovable, sympathetic faces? There's just no fluidity to it.

10:33 - I'm not sure how possible this is, but TNA should try to schedule show so that they're on while Raw is on commercial break. It seems like everytime I actually think of checking TNA -- during a Raw break -- they're on commercial as well.


No comments: