Monday, March 29, 2010

Raw

9:01 - Very slight chance I'll be watching any of Impact tonight, as the Raw after WrestleMania usually holds onto my attention. I'm curious if HBK will be getting the Flair retirement treatment tonight.

9:13 - I actually expected them to have Swagger cash in his title shot but fail in short order. But the question remains -- why DIDN'T he try after Jericho got massacred after his match?

9:28 - In fairness, is IRS a star of the 80's?

9:43 - I don't want to sound like an ass, as I obviously don't know the guy personally, but Triple H just doesn't come across as a likable person. So seeing him trying to be sincere and emotional -- even if it's genuine -- comes across as awkward.

10:03 - Triple H, wanna learn about genuine emotion? I submit you turn your attention to the Bret and Owen shirt Bret was wearing. That was just plain sweet.

10:10 - I'm glad that Bret's return is finally turning into a push for the Hart Dynasty, which -- until last night -- had been curiously absent during this whole storyline.

10:18 - We're so used to seeing the big, lumbering oaf character, so it's kinda refreshing seeing Big Show as the "brains" of the tag team. It makes sense, too, given his experience.

10:27 - Two notes: "Final farewell" sounds redundant, and "his best friend in the entire world" sounds juvenile.

10:40 - Jerry Lawler: "I don't know how tall he is or how much he weighs." You do get paid to announce, right King?

10:54 - They always do a great job with these farewells. I'm just going to enjoy it for right now.

11:04 - I know people will read into Shawn's comments about honoring his words to the Undertaker, but I honestly don't think he's taking a shot at Flair.

11:12 - I thought that was a genuinely touching farewell, and I loved the "less-is-more" appearance from the Undertaker. But I do wish we got more of a Flair-esque scene where everybody showed their appreciation for HBK. But maybe this is what Shawn preferred. Overall great farewell.


No comments: