Sunday, March 28, 2010

WrestleMania Predictions


I'm going to make this short and sweet (how often do I say that?) Anyway, I do plan on doing a "stream of conscious" posting on tonight's big event, but it's going to start a little late as I have dinner plans. But do return later on for that. Anyway, here are my predictions:

Career vs. Streak - Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker
For the first time since they've started putting attention onto the streak, I actually believe they could end it. But truthfully, I don't believe they should. Like others have pointed out, you can undo a retirement. You can't undo a streak. For those of you who don't believe HBK would job to Taker two years in a row, that's just silliness. Since returning at WrestleMania 19, his record is an astounding 4 wins, 3 losses (if I'm counting right). I doubt he's got a problem losing twice to somebody of Undertaker's stature. But if they do end the streak, they did it in the best way possible. I also see this closing out the show.
Prediction: The Undertaker

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
This one is a gimme. Bret Hart wins. On a personal note, I do hope he dons the pink and black tights (which is hinted at on his diary on WWE.com).
Prediction: Bret Hart

WWE Champion Batista vs. John Cena
This one is really tough to predict, because the program has been centered around Cena being unable to beat Batista. So from a writing perspective, this isn't only about giving the fans a "happy ending." It's also about giving an ending that makes sense. That being said, there's still fuel in this feud, so continuing it might be smart. And in order to do that, Batista should win. In the end, I'm going to go with Cena, but somehow Dave holds onto the belt.
Prediction: John Cena

World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. Edge
I'm actually rather excited that this match is going to be contested over the World Heavyweight Championship. Do I see it closing the show? No. It probably won't even be the "highlighted" title match. Edge has been getting the best of Jericho a WHOLE LOT in this feud, so I'm inclined to say Jericho wins. But hell, I'm going to take the Lance Storm route and predict that Edge wins, the Money in the Bank winner cashes in his title shot but fails, really catapulting Edge into the plucky babyface role.
Prediction: Edge

Money in the Bank Match
Ten guys, wow... Smart money would have been on Kofi a couple of months ago. Now I don't know. I'm tempted to predict a heel based on my prior prediction. Honestly, I'd love to see Christian win it all. But, again, I could see Swagger taking it and being the first one to fail cashing it in. I'm going to contradict my prediction above and pick Christian, my favorite guy in the match.
Prediction: Christian

Unified Tag Team Champions The Miz & Big Show vs. John Morrison & R-Truth
Another gimme in my opinion. The champs retain.
Prediction: The Miz & Big Show

Triple H vs. Sheamus
I appreciate that Triple H is putting his money where his mouth is. He's been pushing for Sheamus, apparently, so at least he's willing to "sacrifice" his yearly WrestleMania title shot to put him over the edge. Question is, will he go balls out and put him over? My prediction is no.
Prediction: Triple H

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes
Orton is on fire right now, so I see him taking home the win. At the end of the day, I'm not entirely convinced this Legacy thing actually helped Rhodes and DiBiase all that much, to be honest.
Prediction: Randy Orton

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio
I'm actually more interested in what Mysterio will be wearing. Have there been any huge Super Hero movies out this year? None that I recall. Maybe he'll dress up as Dr. House, to show Punk and the fans that drug addicts CAN be cool! Punk wins it to advance their feud.
Prediction: CM Punk and his kick ass beard

Other hopes for the show:

I HOPE that MVP doesn't wear his retina burning red outfit. Change it up a bit, dude! The black looked cool!
For that matter, I hope Christian returns to his colorful ways and ditches the black tights for once. Again, change it up!
My hopes for Kane bringing in a new luck disappeared long, long ago. Has it been a decade yet?
HBK's entrance will be something special.
I hope Cena isn't rocking the bright orange. I'm supposed to believe this is an angry, bitter rivalry. It's hard to believe Cena in that role when he looks so damn cheery.
Based on the Hall of Fame ceremony, it looks like Batista and Randy Orton got haircuts. Yay!

Anyway, enjoy the show!


No comments: