Sunday, March 28, 2010

WrestleMania LIVE COVERAGE thoughts

Actually made it in time. Well, mostly. I came in as Morrison was making his entrance. And hey -- Miz has a snazzy jacket! Although I find it strange that he's wearing one tag belt, and holding the other tag belt with his US title. Odd.

Matt Striker: "Miz and Big Show have been teaming far longer." Far longer? What, a month?

Wow, Randy Orton in the second match of the night? Surprising... Although I do wish DiBiase came down to "Priceless" instead of the Legacy theme.

Like Ted's new blue trunks. Cody's skin-tone tights are just plain awkward.

I will say this for the WWE announcers: They know when to stay quiet. Their silence when it hit Orton that he should punt Rhodes really made the moment. On TNA, they'd be shouting to holy hell wondering what he's going to do.

I'd say we've seen two impressive, if somewhat underwhelming matches. Orton's early appearance is curious, I'm wondering if he's going to come into play later in the night.

Cutting back on his pyro too? Why not just write "You're screwed" on the big LED screen at the entrance when Kofi comes out?

Well blow me down, MVP IS wearing black tonight. And it seems Kofi has completely abandoned his original color scheme (not that that's a bad thing). I like Swagger's new, self indulgant entrance attire. Even Shelton brought out some new gear. Christian's stick rocking the black tights (but now wears white tape).

Hardy is back to the cargo pants, which is disappointing. Just diet, dude. And -- GOOD GOD!!!! -- Kane has some new tights!!! First time since, I believe, 2002!

By the way, love that Christian came out last.

Kofi, Shelton, and MVP team up against the palest guy in the ring. Awk-ward...

That schtick with Swagger, Bourne, Christian, and Hardy was a lot of fun. Well done.

First "Holy Shit" moment goes to Matt Hardy!

Drew McIntyre's unusually long disappearance makes me think he's going to win this thing.

That was an awkward ending to Money in the Bank. While I'm not positive whether or not Swagger will call in his title shot tonight, I'm fairly certain he WILL be the first person to fail in his attempt to do so.

Wait a second, is Michael Cole wearing a bolo? Oh c'mon, man!

It's great that Ted DiBiase has this moment -- one of the all-time greats!

Pretty odd seeing a Triple H match so early as well. But is it a good idea putting Sheamus out there while it's still daylight, with an open roof stadium?

With all due respect, I think I might be more emotionally invested in the Divas match than Sheamus/Triple H.

I'm supposed to start clearing out a pathway in the attic. I don't want to miss Punk/Mysterio. I sorta wish I had done it during the previous match.

As noted on my Twitter page a few days ago -- that new Punk shirt is AWESOME.

Mysterio's outfit better be cool, because Punk's GI Joe inspired trunks kick ass.

Avatar, eh? And what was with that non-entrance?

"It's not the message, it's the messenger." That's the most sensible thing said since Punk turned heel. But honestly, awesome GI Joe trunks.

Okay, completely missed Hart/McMahon. Guess I'll have to catch it on the replay. But the attic is cleaned.

I do hope that Edge is rocking the trench coat.

Trench coat is back! Cool entrance also, zooming up the ramp.

The fact that we're yet to see a title change leads me to believe we're going to see one in this match.

Wow, I'm pretty shocked by that ending. Not that Edge needs another title reign, and it's great seeing Jericho not booked like crap, but still.

See, that would have been a good opportunity to cash in.

I'm a little surprised they came out to Eve's music and not Beth Phoenix's. Oh, and Kelly Kelly is my favorite Diva too!

Sexy, SMART, and Powerful huh? Yet none of them are smart enough to realize that each of their taunts conveniently leads them into their opponent's finisher?

Batista looks a lot more bad ass with his beard. Though I'm glad he's sporting the shaved head again.

That was a fun little Cena entrance, but didn't really fit for whatever reason. And yes, Cena is decked out in the bright orange. I do love how he throws the shirt off without taking his eyes off his opponent, though.

I think the same group of people are trying to start a "Cena Sucks"/"Lets Go Cena" chant.

I have to say, that first Attitude Adjustment looked pretty damn cool.

Kinda a weak looking STF, and a weak looking tap out. An underwhelming ending to a fine enough match.

Aw c'mon, how could you not like Cena? How many others would have the showmanship to actually pose with a group of people with "I Hate Cena" t-shirts to flaunt your title victory? He's a fun guy.

By the way, no cashing in Money in the Bank tonight, I guess.

Is it me, or have all the matches felt extremely short? We've got 45 minutes left, are they ALL being devoted to Taker/Shawn? Awesome that they close out the show, though.

Like Taker's hooded, sleeveless trench coat. Love Shawn's mocking throat slash motion.

Shawn scares the shit out of me when he does that moonsault. And the Spanish announce table outlasted the main one????

The announcers are KILLING me with these "The Streak is over!" calls.

Just as bad: The constant "The career of Shawn Michaels is over!" calls.

Actually, I liked the moment of compassion from Taker. As well as Michaels' wanting to go out fighting.

I was ready to write off Undertaker/Shawn Part II as not being as good as the original, but man, things REALLY picked up in the second half of the match. And the emotional impact of this match, I think, was superior to last year (where it was just two top stars having an awesome match). Great job by both of these talented professionals. Is this the last time we'll see Shawn wrestle? Of course not. But honestly, that's a good thing. And the guy deserves an extended break.


No comments: