Sunday, November 16, 2008

A final goodbye

On Halloween I sadly reported that a close friend of mine had died, likely taking his own life. Well, tragically, it does appear as if it was certainly a suicide. Today was his memorial service, which was beautiful and did a wonderful job of reminding me what an incredible person he was, and I thought I'd simply share the Irish blessing that appeared on the backside of his memorial card:

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always
at your back,
May the sun shine warm
upon your face, and rains fall
soft upon your friends,
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you
in the hollow of His hand.

Also, if this tragic event taught me anything, it's that if you need help, you need to ask for it. And if you think somebody needs help, don't wait for them to ask.

God bless you, my friend. We all miss you.

No comments: