Thursday, November 27, 2008

WWE Slammy Awards

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. So in a few weeks on Raw, WWE is bringing back the Slammy Awards. WWE.com recently announced the award categories, so I thought I would provide you with my predictions.


Superstar of the Year: This is surprisingly tough, as no Superstar necessary had a HUGE year, but I'm going to have to go with Chris Jericho. After a lackluster start, he had an amazing feud with Shawn Michaels, turned heel, completely reinvented his character, and won two World Championships. Not too shabby.
Match of the Year: It's sad that it's now the end of November, and not a single match jumps out at me as amazing. Nevertheless, I'm tempted to say the Shawn Michaels/Ric Flair retirement match from WrestleMania.
OMG Moment of the Year:
John Cena is the surprise 30th entrant in the Royal Rumble and wins the event.
Diva of the Year: Beth Phoenix will likely win, although I have to admit that my favorite at the moment is probably Kelly Kelly.
"DAMN!" Moment of the Year:
The difference between the "OMG" moment and "DAMN!" moment escapes me, but I guess I'll go with Jericho being inserted into the Championship Scramble match and winning the title.
Tag Team of the Year:
This one is relatively easy, as I think you have to go with John Morrison and The Miz.
Best Musical Performance:
I'm racking my brain trying to think of what performance took place that gave them the idea to even include this category. Didn't Edge sing to Vickie once? I'm guessing that wins, because I'm otherwise drawing a blank.
Best Finishing Maneuver:
I'm not sure why, but I can see the RKO winning this one.
Extreme Moment of the Year:
Nothing jumps out at me, but I guess I'll go with that John Cena/JBL street fight from a few months back.
Couple of the Year:
This is a toss up between "Glamarella" and Edge and Vickie. I give the slight edge (no pun intended) to Santino and Beth Phoenix
Breakout Star of the Year: Gotta go with Evan Bourne
Announcer of the Year:
I honestly would love to say Mick Foley, but I'm going to go with Jim Ross since nobody else has blown me away. Although I am fond of Matt Striker's unique style.
Best WWE.com Exclusive: The Dirt Sheet, of course (this is a gimme)
Best Impersonation: I'm guessing this is going to be the Charlie Haas category. If that's the case, I guess his Bret Hart one was pretty good (I like how he held the microphone at a downward angle, like the Hitman used to).

No comments: